Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner Association
Benefits of South Bend Pop Warner
Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner Association has no tryouts or cutting of rosters!
National Network of Programs
Pop Warner has active programs in several states and countries around the world.
More than just athletes!
Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play.
Little Scholars Program
Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
Pop Warner is the oldest national youth football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by Joe Tomlin, we now have over 120 leagues and over 325,000 members.
Signing up for Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner Association Football, Cheerleading or Dance is inexpensive. Registration fee for each participant is $275 for the season and there are sibling and other discounts available.
Pop Warner National Championships
Each year, Pop Warner hosts the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championships. More than 500 cheer and dance squads and 72 football teams compete for the right to be crowned Pop Warner National Champion.
Must be between 5-15 years of age as of August 1st.
Regional and National Scholar Banquet
Pop Warner hosts an awards program each year to celebrate the accomplishments of our participants.
Each year, Pop Warner awards scholarships for higher education to the most deserving students in our highest grade levels. Pop Warner is proud to have awarded over $1.35M in scholarships since 1993!
Greater South Bend area Pop Warner
Mandatory Play Requirements
Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every child is guaranteed to play.
A player is placed in a division based on his or her age and weight they may also instead choose to register players based on age only.
Volunteers & Coaches
We have over 40,000 volunteers and coaches that are being trained every year to offer the best and safest programs for you and your children.
It all starts here
The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) estimates that between 60% and 70% of all NFL players began their careers playing Pop Warner Football.
Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner Association annually conducts a background check of Coaches, Board of Directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers, who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players and/or spirit participants. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost,
to protect the children.
Concussion Prevention & Awareness
In addition to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, Pop Warner took the lead in youth sports by creating a Medical Advisory Board. The Board was created to ensure Pop Warner remains proactive on all medical issues that affect youth sports, particularly football and cheerleading, with a primary focus on prevention and proper identification and treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition guidelines, and general health and safety issues.
Coaching Education Programs
The safety of our athletes is always the top priority and that is why we provide extensive training for all our football and cheer & dance coaches.
Coaches and Adult Codes of Conduct
All coaches, football and spirit participants must abide by a Code of Conduct which includes several provisions. If any of these rules are broken, the League shall have the authority to impose a penalty.
We surround ourselves with the best
Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner Association is proud to have numerous outstanding sponsors, licensees, fundraiser’s and partners who offer several amazing opportunities to our programs.
South Bend Bulldogs
Pop Warner Regions
pop warner south bend
Executive Board Members
- President- Jacob Hughes
- Vice President- Joshua Hernandez
- Secretary- Cicely Hughes
- Treasurer- Bridget Hankins
- Business Manager- Sandra Wong
- Cheerleading Director- Tiara Harris
- Football Commissioner- Arvester Young
Associate Board Members
- Community Relations Director- April Redmond
- Concessions Manager- Rashiinell Young
- Recruitment Manager- Udell Markham
- Equipment Manager- Gregory Wong
- Roster Manager- Chadwick Lacy
Greater South Bend area Pop Warner
- Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner Association is required to annually conduct a background check of: Coaches, Board of Directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers, who provide regular service to the league and-or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players and-or spirit participants. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
- Pop Warner Background Check Policy:
Please refer to Pop Warner’s policy on Mandatory Background Checks (Article 21of the Official PW Rule Book).
Board Meeting Dates
- Public meetings of the Greater South Bend Area Pop Warner are held the third Thursday of every month at 6:00PM. The meetings are held at Harrison Elementary School located at 3202 W. Western Ave., South Bend, IN. Please see below for instructions on how to participate in the meeting.
A typical agenda includes the following:
■ Roll Call of Officers
■ Reading of Minutes
■ Treasurer’s Report
■ Communications and Bills
■ Director Reports
■ Report of Committees
■ Unfinished or Old Business
■ New Business
■ Good and Welfare Announcements/Items
■ Set Next Meeting Date
- Association members also have the opportunity to submit any public comment:
- Individuals attending the meeting must arrive at Harrison by 5:55PM to be allowed access to the secure building area.